Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

By His wounds we are healed.....

So profound. 

Our pastor preached a very powerful sermon this Easter about people's misconception on why is seems that bad things happen to good people. Why is God letting this happen? Why us? We are doing everything right.

Listen closely and be humbled by this thought.....

"Only ONE good person ever lived, ONE bad thing happened to Him and He volunteered for it. Instead of asking 'Why do bad things happen to good people?' we should be asking 'Why do good things happen to bad people?' We've all fallen short of the glory of God and it's by His love and grace that we are saved and blessed."                
                                                                              -Pastor Craig Groeschel


It reminds me of one of my most favorite worship songs:

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

My makes me tear up just writing those words. 

I know it really changed my attitude this Easter. Instead of stressing about when we were going to dye easter eggs, how we were going to get her nap in amidst all the chaos, and when we were going to have her hunt for eggs, I took a step back and just let it all fall into place. 

And it fell perfectly.

Of course we all know I am the world's best procrastinator. I used to stress out about it and get all upset because nothing goes as smoothly as I hoped it would go. I guess the problem is that in my mind I want to think I am somewhat organized. And I think I could be much more so if I had better time management. If you wait till the last minute nothing can really be organized, right?

That has been my resolution this year, better organization that will in turn, hopefully, result in less procrastination.





It was a wonderful Easter. 

Nana and Papa sent her some movies in the mail. She loves them, especially The Princess and the Frog. I wanted her to open them so we left them in the wrapping paper. The few little things we did get her for the Easter basket she found before hand and I didn't have the heart to take them away.  On a side note, I better get better at that before Christmas comes around otherwise she won't have any gifts under the tree ;).  We just put her favorite candies at the moment in her plastic eggs: M&M's and gummi bears (which she calls nacks because she thinks they are fruit snacks which she also LOVES).

Just a heads up....there are a lot of pictures below! 











Daddy, look at all my eggs!







She is quite obsessed with her "pooo" (pronounced like poor but without the r). We took a break to play in it for a few minutes.





We tried hiding the pool on the side of the house but she was too smart for that. She brought it right back out to play some more.



The face of an angel. I wish both of her eyes were in focus in this shot but I still love it.








This time last year......



What a difference a year makes!






God bless from our family to yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...